Monday, August 24, 2009

The Compound

by S.A. Bodeen

Summary: Eli has lived in the compound since he was nine years old. As far as he knows, he and his family are the only ones who survived a nuclear disaster, and they're all very lucky that his father planned ahead for the occasion. Unfortunately, his twin brother and grandma didn't make it into the shelter. Eli is devastated with grief, and has a difficult time with life in the compound. Eli, his sisters, and his mother and father have enough food for fifteen years, until some of their stores are contaminated. How far will they have to go to survive, and what secrets are his father hiding?

My thoughts: This is such a great thriller it could be a movie. I just kept getting more and more creeped out the more I read. I can't imagine being trapped for fifteen years underground, no matter how many supplies I had. Shudder...

No comments:

Post a Comment