Thursday, April 28, 2011

Matched

by Ally Condie

In Cassia's world, the Society controls everything. Clothes are brown and plain, food is delivered in specified portions at specified times. Your spouse is chosen for you. Everyone dies at age 80. Only 100 pieces of art and 100 poems from throughout time have been deemed worthy of keeping. The Officials keep a tight reign on the people.

When Cassia's childhood friend is chosen as her match, she's elated, until a glitch in the system reveals to her that another boy, Ky, could also have been her match. This revelation, along with some contraband poetry given to her by her grandfather, make Cassia start to question. And in the Society, asking questions is the worst thing you can do.

There has been so much hype about this book that I couldn't wait to read it, and I did really enjoy it. Good story, well written, and I'll read the sequel, Crossed, which comes out in November. I have to be honest, though. I was hoping Matched might be the next series that can compare to Hunger Games, but alas, I'm still waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment